This blog is now archived. View blogs for the HBOS Graduate Schemes 2009


Thursday 20 September 2007

Time standing still

Another week, another blog!

One thing I have noticed since joining HBOS last year is that time does not stand still. You are constantly busy and being challenged. It is exactly a year to the day that I join the company, but I can't believe it has been that long. I believe this to be a good thing; I really enjoy the variety and challenge. I can never see a time where there wont be a challenge waiting for you inside HBOS!

For the last 2 weeks I've been on holiday, so not much to mention work wise. The time off was a great way to relax and recharge my batteries. On returning to work this week I attended a 2 day training course on 'Business Simulation'. This was with 12 other of the Group Service's graduates in my intake year. Having just completed my first year on the programme the course was designed to allow us to use the skills we have developed in a 'cold' environment, where we were split into teams and asked to prepare a bid to become the new management of a shopping centre. It was a lot of fun, but we were put under severe pressure that we had no option but to perform. In the end my teams bid came out on top - which was a nice way to finish the training! I appreciate that as graduates we get to go on these types of training course. This is definitely a big positive of being on a graduate programme.

The new graduates joining my program start later this week. This will be an important time for the graduate community as we introduce new members. I'm lined up to give presentations as part of their induction. I have until Friday to ensure my presentations are looking good; better get back to the drawing board…

No comments: